BECOME A VOLUNTEER
Before you sign up for an orientation make sure to create a volunteer account, this allows us to verify your attendance, and gives you access to the full calendar. You can also use your volunteer account to keep track of your community service hours. In addition you can create a volunteer team and sign up friends, family, or co-workers for a service project in just a few clicks.
DID YOU KNOW YOU CAN VOLUNTEER AS A...
If you have a group that is interested in joining HandsOn NEO we would love to come to your organization, place of work, civic group, etc. to do a personal new volunteer orientation. Contact us to schedule an orientation today.
YOUTH AND TEENS
HandsOn Northeast Ohio is committed to making volunteering for youth groups, teens, and families easy, fun, and meaningful by connecting youth and families to opportunities to serve together.
To begin volunteering follow these simple steps:
- Create an account. If you are volunteering as a family or group you can create a team to keep your hours together.
- Attend an orientation (parents, caregivers, and older youth).
- Start volunteering!
YOUTH FRIENDLY PROJECTS
Youth ages 16 and up can volunteer without an adult, but they must be sure to bring a signed youth waiver to all projects. ALL YOUTH UNDER 16 must have a parent, guardian, or group leader with them to attend projects.
Many of our projects are open to youth! Just click on the opportunity to see the age limit for each project! Click here to see all projects currently open to teens (ages 13-17), and click here to see all projects that kids (under 13) can sign up for with their parents!
Most Days of Service are youth friendly as well and do not require an orientation! Click here to see a list of Days of Service.
- Are Led by a Trained Volunteer Leader
- Happen on a regular, reoccurring basis
- Are held after standard business hours and on the weekends
- Allow volunteers to serve when and how often they want.
- Involve direct hands-on service
PROJECT ISSUE AREAS