HandsOn Northeast Ohio builds collaborative partnerships with local nonprofit organizations, schools, faith-based groups and other community agencies to create real change through community involvement, volunteerism, and service.
Partners gain access to our growing community of volunteers, participate in national days of service, engage corporate groups, and collaboarte long-term to design and implement recurring projects supported and managed by trained volunteer leaders
We are here to connect the community with volunteers of all types. Whatever the need, big or small, one-time project or on-going, we welcome new opportunities for partnership.
Our Partners can benefit from any or all of the following opportunities:
- Occur on a Regular Basis - once a week, once a month, etc.
- Direct Service
- Require a Minimum of 4 Volunteers
- Occur after Standard Business Hours or on the Weekend
- Led by a Trained HandsOn Volunteer Leader
Days of Service
- HandsOn Northeast Ohio celebrates special days to volunteer throughout the year. Some of these days include, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, Earth Day, Global Youth Service Day, 9/11, Make a Difference Day and National Family Volunteer Day.
- HandsOn Northeast Ohio identifies and develops one-time projects for our corporate partners. These projects often come with larger groups and supply dollars.
Offsite, Assembly & Donations
- If there is a need at your agency for donated items, there could be and opportunity for partnership. On occasion, we lead volunteers groups in assembling items (hygiene kits, school supplies, etc.) that will be donated to your agency.
Volunteer Referrals (Lorain County Only) – Referrals are opportunities that are not managed by HandsOn Northeast Ohio or Lorain County Volunteer Connection. These opportunities are manged by, you, the partner!
We know that nonprofit organizations need volunteers outside of our Managed Projects Program. HandsOn NEO will allow for project/position listings that meet your needs on our website so that volunteers in our network can contact you directly.
To start posting your own Volunteer Referrals you may either attend an upcoming Partner Portal Training (click here for more information) or complete the online version of the presentation below (COMING SOON!).
Online Volunteer Referral Training Instructions
In order to get started hosting your own Volunteer Referrals, complete the following steps.
1) Watch the YouTube video training here (COMING SOON)
2) Complete this short SurveyMonkey quiz following the video https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HWM6PNQ
3) Complete the following evaluation on SurveyMonkey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/HSB777V
4) Sign and return the Referral Partner Agreement, instructions and link provided on the page following completion of the SurveyMonkey evaluation.