TEENS, YOUTH GROUPS & FAMILY VOLUNTEERS
HandsOn Northeast Ohio is committed to making volunteering for youth groups, teens, and families easy, fun, and meaningful by connecting youth and families to opportunities to serve together.
To begin volunteering follow these simple steps:
- Create an account. If you are volunteering as a family or group you can create a team to keep your hours together.
- Attend an orientation (parents, caregivers, and older youth).
- Start volunteering!
YOUTH FRIENDLY PROJECTS
Youth ages 16 and up can volunteer without an adult, but they must be sure to bring a signed youth waiver to all projects. All youth under 16 must have a parent, guardian, or group leader with them to attend projects.
Many of our projects are open to youth! Just click on the opportunity to see the age limit for each project! Click here to see all projects currently open to teens (ages 13-17), and click here to see all projects that kids (under 13) can sign up for with their parents!
Most Days of Service are youth friendly as well and do not require an orientation! Click here to see a list of Days of Service.
Do your youth have required service hours and you want to connect them with volunteer opportunities that they can pursue individually? Here are a few options for you:
- Have them Create an account and Attend an orientation at our office. We will get them started!
- If the youth only want to volunteer once or twice have them sign up for the next Day of Service project - these do not require an orientation.
- Set up an orientation at your school or youth group site, arranged to fit your schedule! Then the youth who attended can volunteer whenever they want, however often they want.
GROUP VOLUNTEERING - CONSISTENT
Does your youth group or class want to volunteer together on a regular basis? Here is how to get started:
- Create accounts for your youth or have them do so. You can register as a team to keep your hours together.
- Set up an orientation at your school or youth group site, arranged to fit your schedule! Then the your group can volunteer whenever they want, however often they want.
- Explore the projects available. You can sign up as soon as you have attended the orientation!
GROUP VOLUNTEERING - ONE TIME
Does your school or youth groups want to do a one time project for a day of service or school event? If so, take a look at our projects to see if there are any that interests you and can accomodate your group size.
Or we might be able to find a project just for your group! If you are interested in this option, please contact us.