The Homeless Stand Down is only possible with the 500+ volunteers who support the event from start to finish.
Notes about Volunteering for the Cleveland Homeless Stand Down:
- Volunteer Registration for all positions is open to the general public on a first come, first served basis.
- All volunteers must be registered before the event. No walk-up or day-of-event volunteers will be allowed.
- All 1st Time Stand Down Volunteers must attend a Pre-Event Overview to participate in the Homeless Stand Down. It is recommended that experienced Stand Down volunteers also attend the overview.
- Volunteers who also want to receive services must notify HandsOn staff in advance. Please contact email@example.com to notify staff.
- We need Volunteer Leaders! If you are interested in leading/co-leading an area of the Stand Down please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Homeless Stand Down 2017
- Saturday, January 14th, 7 AM - 3 PM at Public Auditorium
- Volunteers must be 16 and over, 18 and over for most positions
- Great for groups of 5-20 individuals
- Volunteer tasks include staffing donations tables, personal shoppers, escorts, food support, etc.
- NO-WALK UP VOLUNTEERS WILL BE ALLOWED
Homeless Stand Down 2017 Donation Sorting - Pre-Event Support
- Various days/evenings/weekends mid-December to mid-January at a sorting location (Dates & Location TBD)
- Veteran's supplies donation sorting - various dates, late-December to early-January (Dates & Location TBD)
- Great for youth and families
- Great for groups of 5-10 individuals
Click here to sign up for donation sorting volunteer opportunities.
Homeless Stand Down Setup
- Wednesday, January 11th and Thursday, January 12th from 6-8 PM, volunteers are needed to help load donations
- Friday, January 13th 10 AM - 5 PM (multiple volunteer shifts) at Cleveland Public Auditorium (You MUST BE PRE-REGERSTERED TO VOLUNTEER)
- Help set up donations, organize supplies and Stand Down space
- Great for groups of 10-20 individuals
- Seeking drivers with large capacity vehicles to transport donations to the Stand Down site
Click here to sign up for donation loading volunteer opportunities.
Want to do more to combat poverty and homelessness? Visit our Year-Round Volunteer Calendar or email email@example.com learn more about year round ongoing opportunities to support individuals experiencing poverty and homelessness.
Questions? Call HandsOn Northeast Ohio at (216) 432-9390 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.